Social Networking Websites
What are the risks?
- Kids may accept friend requests from individuals they have not met in person.
- Kids may not realize that once information is posted or sent online, the sender loses control of what happens to it. Kids may send nude images to peers without understanding that the images can be forwarded or permanently posted online.
- Sexual offenders may target social networking sites where children/adolescents are encouraged to create online diaries and connect with new people.
- Kids may be bullied by peers or other users on social networking sites.
- Kids may be stalked by peers or other users on social networking sites.